Friday, January 9, 2009

2008 favorites

I love this little girls eyes in this one and I like the blade of grass in the foreground.
I like this photo because it is just a great "traditional" family portrait with a little twist of being off centered. Which makes it a little bit more artistic.
I just love the emotion of the mom and baby in this one.

This little girl is just adorable there were a lot of good ones of her but for some reason this one really stood out in my mind. I like the shadows over her eyes.
I just like the smile in this one and how the beautiful yellow flowers are blurred in the background.
This is probably one of my all time favorite family pictures. This was out at their family cottage. People mistakenly think that you always need to be looking at the camera. I like to capture true joy when people are not always looking. They are just having fun being with each other, and they are not "stiffly posed".
This one reminds me of cotton candy.

One of the things that people mistakenly think when having their portrait session is that they need to look perfect and wear perfect clothing. I guess in my opinion I prefer plain simple clothing. You don't have to look like a model but I like to make people look the best that they can and bring out their true beauty. I want people to remember what their children are like when they look at a photo. How they are at that moment. To create a lasting treasure, and a piece of art that will stay up on your wall for a long time. Something that you don't want to take down. That is what I strive for as an photographic artist. Ok so I did go over the limit of 10 photos. I could not help it. :) there were just so many. I also wanted to show a variety.

No comments: